Our Commanding Officer, Greg Ochaba, has submitted the several recipes and we’re excited to share them all with you. First up is this Chicken and Smoked Sausage Jambalaya which will be perfect for the cold nights coming up this winter.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut in cubes
- 1 lb smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper spice, up to ½ tsp
- 2 cups uncooked Uncle Ben’s rice
- 4 cups Chicken broth, or water with 1 ½ tablespoon soup base
- Canola or olive oil for frying
In a hot pan with small amount of oil, brown sausage. After browning, put the smoked sausage in a large roasting pan. Next, cook chicken, in the same pan, until done and browned, add to the sausage. Next, saute vegetables and garlic until almost cooked and add to the meat. Add red peppers and broth (according to directions on the box for the amount of rice being cooked), plus ½ cup broth per cup of rice and rice to the meat and veggies. Stir and cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.